In conjunction with the launch of Stethee in January 2018, a few stakeholders have come together to co-organize Stethee Hack. This hackathon aims to build awareness and discover other innovative usage of this versatile and intelligent stethoscope.
Stethee HACK aims to encourage innovative efforts in E-health and to discover the hidden potential of this device in transforming the healthcare delivery process.
Stethee HACK is for ALL. Whether you are a medical professionals, medical students, medical supporting staff, data scientist, researchers, or educator, you’re welcome to show us what you’ve got!
Date: 3rd – 5th August (Friday to Sunday)
Time: 8am to 8pm
Venue: MCMC Tower
Application Deadline: Contact us and we’ll let you know.
1.Stethee-ID [Person identification from heart sounds captured using Stethee]
The organizer will provide participants with previously captured heart-sound recordings using Stethee. The data consists of multiple heart-sound recordings captured per identity, and from a variety of different people. The goal is to use the provided training and development set to develop a heart-sound identification system. Teams can then score their system against a provided evaluation set, for which we will provide ground-truth labels at the end of the challenge and announce the winning team.
2.Stethee-BP [Blood pressure index prediction using heart sounds]
The organizer will provide participants with a Stethee device and potentially a blood pressure monitor. The goal of the challenge is to develop an algorithm that analyses heart sounds captured by Stethee (or the analytics provided for heart sound by Stethee/AIDA) to output a relative index that can be used to estimate the subject’s blood pressure from their heart sounds. Participants are required to submit a brief proposal for this track.
3.Stethee-INOV [Innovative proposals of using Stethee]
Participants can submit a proposal for a practical, yet innovative application for Stethee. The organizer will provide participants with a Stethee device. Participants will be able to use Stethee’s captured sounds directly, or utilize the analytics that are returned by AIDA as metadata to complete their challenge.
- Participant(s) who is/ are interested can submit the application individually or as a team (not more than 5 members).
- Registration fee is RM 100.00/pax. Let us know in advanced if you already have a team to participate in Stethee HACK.
- The selected teams will be required to physically attend and participate in Stethee Hack in August 2018.
- Participants must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Participants must fully participate in all three (3) days of the event. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- Participants are required to bring their own Laptops.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding their decision.
We are brewing some exciting opportunities for you.
Check this out